Monday, February 12

Heartbreak!

Dear readers, after last post I was jubilant. I had a plan, I knew where I was going, and was excited about getting there. Everything is still very much in motion except for one small, tragic thing that I did not forsee.

Certain Film Star is already married.

Oh. Damn. Big. Sigh.

I spent a night lamenting the loss of my future soulmate, when I realised that it is silly to be sad. The odds are simply stacked against his wife - the divorce rate in the United States currently stands at 49%.
If they don't get divorced, she is quite a bit younger than him and I'm sure once her career takes off, she will be seduced by the lure of all the hot young things in Hollywood.
Also, there are any number of 'accidents' that could happen - cars, planes, jet-skis... and half a million diseases she could contract.
Or Certain Film Star, harking back to his days as a serial womaniser, might grow tired of her and move on.
Or she might realise that she's actually attacted to woman, or animals.
All these possibilities add up to one glorious conclusion - I mustn't lose hope!

2 comments:

Chérie said...

You make me laugh. =)
Alas, though, it is true: America does have an astonishing divorce rate. However, I am rather confident in saying that the average citizen isn't that inept in keeping a relationship stable. The fact that 99.9% of celebrities divorce (multiple times, at that) averages out the national divorce distribution curve. Hence, I believe the odds are in your favor. =)

Rose said...

Hmmm, great. Now you're putting a weird spin on a character that I thought I had figured out a little bit.

Auditions are in April, and unfortunately for you, Rosasharn is my role of choice! Yes, she is a whiner, but she's also kind of.. mmm. Perhaps I'll leave my indepth character analysis until I actually get the role.

Chérie, thank you! I can live in hope once again!