Saturday, February 10

Hurtling Along

I feel like a snowball rushing down a mountain, picking up tremendous speed and getting bigger and bigger as I go along. No, I'm not getting fat (quite the opposite, actually) but things are beginning to kick into a much faster, much more furious pace. I'm handling it all quite well, and very proud of myself!

I've had a bit of a revelation in terms of my acting career. Until now, it has always been a case of "I'm going to be an actress when I grow up". I'm 19 and a half, I think that if there was ever a time for me to grow up.. now is it. I can't just keep waiting for things to happen; so I'm going to make them happen.

So.. new goals in life: 1) Become the bestest actress in the world.
2) Become successful in my art, moving to LA and doing great films
3) Marry *certain film star*
He's only.. about 27 years older than me! I think this is perfectly reasonable (Mum, who is 30 years older than me, disagrees)!

It's very simplistic, but I need to start working harder. There are a billion struggling 'talented' actors for every successful, well-regarded one, and I don't want to be one of that group. This post is probably much more helpful for me than entertaining for you to read, sorry.

In other news, I am officially moving on Tuesday. Nowhere near being completely packed, though it should all come together pretty quickly. So much of the things in my room are just junk that will be thrown away, so I'm not sure there is that much left to pack. Shall be fun, I love having a new room!

In other other news, something rather bad happened. My Dad and his wife split up, after only about 6 months of marriage. As much as I dislike the idea of my father being with a woman who is not my mother, I was sort of happy that he had found someone who made him happy. That way I didn't have to worry anymore about him being lonely or sad.
Apparently his wife was absolutely vicious and hurt him a lot in the last couple of months, so hopefully it's for the best. I'm just not feeling too good about the whole deal, and suddenly feeling incredibly obliged to take my Dad out to the theatre.

My stomach is rumbling. I've been ignoring it all day. I'm on a weight-loss crusade, and I will not rest until I am a mere slip of my former self. Right now I am best classed as curvaceous - no, not 'curvaceous' in the way that fat women say they are because saying "I'm fat" isn't quite as alluring on dating sites, but actually curvaceous. I simply do not like it, that's all.
So today I have drunk a LOT of water, had two pieces of organic millet bread toast with ginger marmalade, a small bowl of miso soup and four prawn and lettuce rice paper rolls. Erk, doesn't sound like a proper meal let alone a whole day's worth of food. Oh well, this is the way I will have to get used to eating.

My, this post has been boring. I'm on a self-improvement empowerment spree and I suppose this blog is getting swept along for the ride. At least I'll have a couple of people saying "Go Rose!" or scolding me if I ever pause in my quests to be thin, a movie star and Mrs. *certain film star*.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Oh Demosthenes, that sounds wonderful! I will definitely be making the move to LA in the next two to three years.