Thursday, April 12

Sick

Ergh. Something bad happened last night.

Normally I'm alright with a couple of drinks; I will get happily tipsy, fall over a little more than usual, then sleep like a baby. Last night was not one of those nights.

I had three cocktails with Lucien but I fear I must have drunk them too quickly. I spent hours, from 1am to about 6am, kneeling on the cold tiles of the bathroom whilst hunched over the toilet. Not ladylike, definitely not fun. The only good part was when I discovered I look quite attractive in a cold sweat. My face was the colour of bleached bone literally, but my skin was all smooth and dewy. Short lived though, I look disgusting today.
I'm suspecting that there may have been a bug involved, or maybe some disagreeable food.. because I wouldn't usually react that way to alcohol.

Rather than crawling back into bed and waking Lucien (again), I managed to manoeuvre myself upstairs where I fell asleep on the sofa with a bucket next to me.

After having my body reject practically everything I ate yesterday, I am trying to consume enough salt, sugar and calories to make myself feel a little better - the problem now is just feeling absolutely drained. I hate being sick, but usually it's the flu... being 'stomach sick' is horrible too.

2 comments:

Eddie Lin said...

Oooh, bleached bone, smooth, dewy skin. Me likey. I do hope you're feeling better, sweety. Or should I say "sweaty"? ; )

Rose said...

Sweety, sweaty.. is it possible to be both?