Thursday, April 19

HNT #4 - Maria Callas

I have shed my inhibition - I will post my face, only when it is obscured in some way. In the beret shot, it was my fringe and sidelong glance; in this one, there is something off happening with lights and mirrors.



This is one of the oddest pictures of me, so I better explain it a little. I had just got out of the shower, put on some lip gloss as I was going to work. My hair is all up in a pink towel, and I noticed that the room was full of really bright light.
I was doing typical myspace style shots in the mirror, and this photo was a test to see what angles would be best so I have no real expression. But for some reason, it came out with this bizarre darkness above my head and green tones decending into my eyes. My eyebrows too, which normally are not particular conspicuous, have reached Maria Callas proportions.
This photo reminds me of the song "La Mama Morte", because of the Maria Callas association but also the expression on my face. It looks distant, sad, introspective.. it's also funny how my eyes are set in such moody colours, then the rest of my face is so candy-ish. I like it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh, we have an artist on our hands...

Rose said...

*sniff* You just can't handle my tortured soul... *faints*