Wednesday, December 13

Moving - Part II

Well, not moving. Or at least not moving in the format previously specified. Will pulled out. In a particularly pathetic way. I have to say I am incredibly disappointed in him - when we first came to Melbourne, he was so juvenile, so bratty. I thought that he had grown a bit as a person, but it seems no. He's willing to stay here in a bad environment and just 'cruise' along, rather than strive for something better. Oh well, it's his loss.

Anyway, one obstacle isn't enough to stop me. Fawkes is still keen, assuming that he gets the job he almost has (finding out on Thursday next week). If that is all ok, then we have very little to worry about, except finding an awesome house post haste!

I'm just so excited about finally getting out of this hell-hole, and being in a place where I am surrounded by a select number of people who I share with, as opposed to this hierarchical arrangement. A place where I can have a say in the happenings and goings-on, where I can relax about leaving my stuff in the fridge or my soap in the shower and not having people throw it away. A place where I won't get unjustly yelled at and blamed for every bit of mess. Somewhere nice and somewhere that I can actually call home, rather than 'that place where I stay in Melbourne'.

The future looks bright, and even the darker bits seem surmountable.

4 comments:

jazz said...

sounds like you've just the right attitude my dear!

yay for moving up, out of the shell, and being more social!

Rose said...

It's nice to have a major attitude readjustment once in a while, I'm realising. And it's also nice to have people in the world with wonderful attitudes to base my new one upon!

pilgrimchick said...

There is certainly something to be said for finding and settling into a place where one can call "home". I've had various "places I've stayed" and "homes" in my time, too--and although all of them fall into the category of being my places of residence, not all of them became my "home" even in time. Here's waiting for another "home"...

Angello said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.