Monday, November 27

I'm a Rabbit I'm a Fox

New favourite song: "I'm a Rabbit I'm a Fox" by Laura Jean. I don't know anything about her, and I haven't heard any other songs - I just came across the song on a friend's MySpace. I adore it, you can download it at her website.

I got sunburnt today. Will and I went to the pool for some exercise. Got some, but I am suddenly seeing faint freckles all over my face for the first time since I was about 8. I suppose I am doomed to being forever fair-skinned, without a hope of sunbathing without freckles, sunburn and general damage. It's just so odd, looking in the mirror and seeing strange little dots all over my face. Only on my face. My shoulders and chest are just pink, but my face has added pigmentation. Strange.

Today was an almost waste of space. I had a job trial at a café in Richmond at 11am, but before that, I called Myer to check the score. They told me that I was in the system now, and somebody would be calling me in the next couple of days to let me know that I was on next week's roster. Good. Making some progress here. For those not in the know, Myer managed to lose or destroy my tax file form twice.. and due to my lateness in handing in the form, my name is taking some time to get into the system. Right. Well, hopefully I'll be a working class girl next week.. raking it in. I need to. I just discovered the acting course I want to do next year will cost around about $4000.

It's hot, I'm sunburnt, Lucien is off doing jiujitsu. I think it's nap time.

2 comments:

pilgrimchick said...

Sunburned--I can't remember the last time I fell into that category. In the UK, it seems that everyone uses the fake tanner stuff because there just isn't enough constant sunshine to actually get a tan, let alone a burn. I'm sure my being back in New England will remedy that...well, maybe next summer.

Rose said...

Despite Australia's beach-culture, we actually have the highest incidence of skin cancer in the world. So I'd actually rather be pale than having melanomas cut out of my flesh.

But maybe one day, if I live in country that isn't quite so close to the ozone hole, I'll consider tanning!