Tuesday, August 22

The Height of Dorkiness

It just started raining! I was so over-excited that I typed this into my browser - http://www.blogger.com!
Alas, Firefox didn't quite share my enthusiasm for the exclamation mark...
But why am I so excited about it raining? Because the seasons are changing. Instead of it being bitterly cold icy rain, it's actually kind of nice.. the most subtle reminder that summer is coming.

Ahh, auditions for Beauty and the Beast are coming up soon. It's ridiculous - by the time they actually arrive, I will have been working myself up into a frenzy for so long that I'm bound to blow it. I am aiming for the role of Belle, and it's definitely a long shot. Song choice is bothering me though - if there are any musical theatrical people out there, help me out! I have narrowed it down to "The Beauty Is" from The Light in the Piazza, or "Meadowlark" from The Baker's Wife. The first one I suppose is better for showing off my upper range, but the second one has a lot more scope for emotional intensity.Can't decide... head exploded! Maybe I should just rehearse the living daylights out of both, then choose impulsively when I get in there.

The Onion would have to be one of my favourite websites, and this article was just priceless. Such seriousness!

Oh, another plug -
Jason turned me on to this - freaky little puppet man making a 'beat'. It's strangely hypnotic. Check it out!

1 comment:

Rose said...

Thank you.. *sigh* auditions are probably the most stressful thing that a person could even inflict on themself.

Poor Jessica Simpson - it's kind of funnily sad to note that if she came across that article, she probably wouldn't get it.